Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Who is eligible to receive the Oswestry Talking Newspaper?
A. Blind or partially sighted people

Q. How much will I have to pay?
A. The service and the postage is free of charge.

Q. How do I apply for the Oswestry Talking Newspaper service?
A. An application form (N12) is required to enable us to use the free postal service.

This can be obtained here N12 Application form.

Q. How will I receive the newspaper?
A. The recording is made on a memory stick and sent out to you in a yellow zipped pouch.

Q. Will I need to buy any specialist equipment?
A. An appropriate player will be provided on long term loan to enable you to listen to the newspaper.

Q. If I leave the area may I still receive the newspaper?
A. Yes. We can post the memory sticks anywhere in the country.